Leading Ophthalmology Care in Shreveport
Ochsner LSU Health Shreveport – Eye Center is located on Kings Highway in Shreveport, just across the street from our Academic Medical Center campus.
About Ochsner LSU Health Shreveport – Eye Center
Our expert ophthalmologists provide advanced surgical and nonsurgical care for conditions that affect the eyes, eyelids and surrounding tissues. All of our eye specialists are in the same center, which makes it easier for you to get the care you need.
Some of the many eye-related conditions we treat include:
- Cataracts (a clouding of the eye’s lens)
- Diseases of the ocular muscle (the muscle that rotates the eyeball)
- Disorders that affect the retina (light-sensing cells in the eye), such as diabetes
- Eye tumors
- Glaucoma (increased pressure in the eye, which can damage the optic nerve)
- Pediatric eye diseases
Our team includes eye specialists in a number of areas, such as:
- Corneal transplants, which involves replacing part or all of your cornea (the clear front layer of your eye) with donated tissue
- Neuro-ophthalmology, which involves visual problems related to the nerves
- Oculoplastics, which involves surgical procedures for the eyelids, tear ducts, face and surrounding tissues of the eye
- Refractive surgery, also known as vision-correction or laser eye surgery
Learn more about our eye care.