Find the Relief You Need
Asthma and allergies can affect the quality of life for you or your child. Fortunately, the expert doctors at Ochsner LSU Health Shreveport are here to help.
We offer convenient asthma and allergy care at two convenient locations in Shreveport and Bossier City.
Our Allergy and Asthma Services
We offer advanced, comprehensive treatment, including:
- Asthma care: Our team uses step therapy to reduce the severity and frequency of asthma attacks for you or your child. Step therapy can also reduce the chances of future asthma attacks.
- Allergy care: We treat the full range of allergy symptoms, from itchiness and watery eyes to anaphylaxis (a severe allergic reaction that can lead to unconsciousness or death without treatment). We’ll work with you or your child to create a personalized treatment plan that may include allergy avoidance, allergy shots or advanced immunotherapy.
- Pediatric pulmonology care: Our team includes north Louisiana’s only board-certified pediatric pulmonology specialists. Whether your child has a common lung condition or a chronic illness, we’re able to provide the care they need.
It can be a challenge to distinguish symptoms of an allergy from symptoms of other conditions, such as a cold or the flu. If you or your child has any of the following symptoms on a regular or consistent basis, we encourage you to schedule an appointment for allergy testing:
- Chest tightness or shortness of breath
- Nasal congestion
- Itchy, watery eyes
- Stuffy or runny nose
- Scratchy or sore throat
- Throat clearing and cough from mucus draining down the throat (post-nasal drip)