Expert Care for All Endocrine Problems, Including Diabetes
The endocrine system includes glands and organs that the body uses for many functions, including growth, metabolism (converting food into energy and using that energy) and reproduction, among others. Treating conditions that affect these vital functions requires a team with vast experience. The doctors at Ochsner LSU Health Shreveport’s Endocrinology Clinic provide expert care for patients with endocrine conditions.
Clinical providers from all over Louisiana refer their patients to us for our advanced care. When you come to us, you can expect compassionate, complete care from providers who understand your concerns.
Endocrine Conditions We Treat
Our experienced endocrinologists manage all endocrine-related disorders, including:
- Diabetes mellitus (including Type 1 diabetes, Type 2 diabetes and gestational diabetes)
- Diseases of the parathyroid glands (small glands that regulate the body’s calcium levels), including hyperparathyroidism (a condition in which one or more parathyroid glands become too active)
- Diseases of the thyroid gland (a gland in the neck that is involved with the body’s metabolism, growth and development), such as hyperthyroidism (an overactive thyroid) and hypothyroidism (an underactive thyroid)
- Cancers of the endocrine system, including thyroid cancer and tumors of the pituitary gland (a small gland in the center of the head that makes many different hormones and coordinates the function of the body’s other glands)
- Disorders of the adrenal system (glands above the kidneys that help regulate the body’s metabolism, immune system and other important functions)
- Lipid disorders (conditions in which the blood has high levels of fat particles)
- Pituitary disorders
- Male and female sex hormone disorders (such as polycystic ovarian syndrome, also known as PCOS, and low testosterone)
- Gender dysphoria and transgender care
- Osteoporosis and other metabolic bone diseases
Find an endocrinologist to get help with these or other endocrine disorders.