Welcome to Other Information
Here you will find all other information pertaining to the hospital including volunteer programs and directions. If you have any questions please feel free to contact us.
About the Partnership
Committed to transforming healthcare in Louisiana, Ochsner and LSU Health Shreveport have formed a new health system to oversee and coordinate activities between the health sciences center and the healthcare delivery system.
Under the new structure, Ochsner will bring their nationally-recognized expertise to the management of operations for partner hospitals in Shreveport and Monroe, clinics and the clinical activity of the LSUHSC-S Faculty Group Practice. LSU will continue to successfully oversee the LSUHSC-S School of Medicine, School of Allied Health Professions, School of Graduate Studies and Graduate Medical Education and maintain their commitment to train the nation’s finest healthcare professionals.
Working together, the partners plan to strengthen and grow the medical school and training programs, collaborate to expand research in the state, and improve access to high-quality care for patients in Shreveport and Monroe.
Nurse Family Partnership
Key Telephone Numbers
Patient Room Information – 318-626-INFO (4636)
Clinic Appointments – 318-626-0050
General Information – 318-626-0000
Clinic Information – 318-626-2410
Release of Information – 318-330-7064
TDD – 318-626-0600
Emergencies – 318-626-4021
Admitting – 318-626-6110
Hospital Billing – Inpatient – 318-626-0028
Hospital Billing – Outpatient – 318-626-0026
Accounts Payable/Vendors – 318-629-4750
Medical Record Department is 318-330-7067
Adult Out Patient Clinic: 318. 330.7167/318.330.7168
Family Medicine Clinic: 318.330.7600
Internal Medicine: 318.330.7167/318.330.7168
Med II Clinic: 318.330.7175
Nurse Helpline (issues, questions, or refills): 318.330.7164
Out Patient Retail Pharmacy: 318.330.7819
Outpatient Counseling (Family & Individual): 318.330.7600
Patient Medication Program: 318.330.7136
Pediatrics (Infants/children up to age 18): 318.330.7173
Tobacco Control Initiative: 318.330.7757
Walk-In Clinic: 318.330.7874
Ochsner LSU Health has a large number of volunteers that help in many ways. Our volunteers truly help us carry out the patient care segment of our mission by allowing us to provide quality healthcare services with compassionate and personal services. You’ll be amazed at the things you will learn about Ochsner LSU Health and the gratification you will gain from helping those in need. Below is a list of the volunteer opportunities that may be available at Ochsner LSU Health Shreveport – Monroe Medical Center.
The volunteer opportunities we have to choose from are:
- The Front Desk, where volunteers use their sunny dispositions to meet and greet visitors and patients. These volunteers are responsible for helping people find the right area, whether for medical treatment or to visit sick loved ones. Duties would also include pushing wheelchairs to various areas of the hospital and just being helpful to anyone who has a question.
- The Gift Shop, where volunteers use their arts and crafts skills, social skills, and money/cash register skills to operate one of the most successful Gift Shops in our area. All profits go back into the hospital, usually when the Gift Shop purchases medical equipment to help ensure our patients have the best medical care available. The Gift Shop is open Monday through Friday, from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., and is closed during all federal and state holidays.
- The Partners in Wellness Clinic, where volunteers meet patients and help them to fill out forms or to just feel comfortable while they wait for an exam. Some other duties include answering the phones and writing down appointment times. Partners in Wellness focuses on women’s health issues, including mammograms and breast exams. (Due to privacy issues, we except only female volunteers in this area.)
- The Family Medicine Clinic, where volunteers offer valuable services, such as calling patients to remind them of a doctor’s appointment, meeting and greeting patients in the reception area, or pulling files of patients who are waiting to see a doctor. This facility is in a small, separate building right next to the hospital, and has a private, cozy atmosphere where much smaller numbers of patients visit when compared to the main hospital.
- The Pastoral Care Department, where volunteers offer compassion or lend an ear to patients in the hospital who are without family or terminally ill. The director of Pastoral Care, Rev. Liza Patton, is ready to guide volunteers through the important process of offering spiritual guidance to those who ask for it. Our facility recognizes all faiths and denominations, and a wide variety of spiritual needs are waiting to be met.
As a thank you to our volunteers we offer a free lunch pass to any volunteer who spends at least four hours on that day in the hospital. We have a great cafeteria with a salad bar, a burger/grill section, and a meat/vegetables section that features great “home cooking.”
Benefits of being an Ochsner LSU Health Volunteer:
- The satisfaction of knowing you are making a difference in your community and in the lives of others
- Opportunities to meet other community-minded people like you
- Front-line opportunities for college students to interface with healthcare professionals
- Being a member of a team of professionals whose mission it is to help the hurting
To become involved:
Complete a volunteer application here. Or, you may contact the Volunteer Services Office via telephone or email and request a volunteer application. The Volunteer Services Coordinator will contact you to arrange a convenient time to discuss your area of volunteer interest. During that meeting, you will learn more about the program and a wide range of opportunities.
Volunteer Services Coordinator
Westbound – Exit 165 South
165 South to Richwood Road
Right on Richwood Road to Jackson Street
Eastbound – Exit Jackson Street
Turn right onto Jackson Street
Continue South to LSUHSC
From Highway 165:
Southbound 165 – Follow 165 to Richwood Road intersection
Turn right on Richwood Road to Jackson Street
Northbound – Follow 165 to Richwood Road intersection
Turn left on Richwood Road to Jackson Street