Welcome to Visitor Information
Here you will find all of the information you would need if you have a family member staying with us as a patient. Everything from visiting hours to items to bring to prepare for a stay. We want you to be comfortable and worry-free while you stay with us. If you have any questions, please contact us.
The hospital cafeteria is located on the 2nd Floor. The cafeteria hours are: Breakfast – 7:00 a.m. to 9:30 a.m. Lunch – 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. Dinner – 4:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. There are snack machines in the cafeteria seating area and in the lobby areas of the 1st, 3rd, 4th, and 5th floors available 24 hours a day.
The Ochsner LSU Health Shreveport – Monroe Medical Center Gift Shop was originally the E. A. Conway Auxiliary, formed in May of 1974, and the volunteers have been operating the Gift Shop ever since. In those early days, when candy sales topped $13 the volunteers knew they had a good day. Profits from the Shop have always been donated back the hospital, and early purchases included rocking chairs for the Nursery, furnishings for the Chapel, and tablecloths for the cafeteria.
Over the years, profits have increased, as have the equipment purchases. Today, the Auxiliary thinks big! In 2007, a Bone Density scanner was purchased for over $70,000!
These special volunteers do everything from providing toys and clothing for needy children at Christmas, to hosting the hospital annual Fall Festival. If you would like to join the Auxiliary and give back to your community click here to download the Volunteer Application.
The Gift Shop is located just off the Main Lobby of the hospital and is open Monday through Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. (closed from 12-1 for lunch).
Visiting Guide & Hours
Visitors make a hospital stay seem more comfortable for patients. For the safety of our patients, we ask that you follow these visiting policies:
- Visitors should be in good health.
- Visitor passes are needed if you are visiting a patient after 9:00 p.m. Check with the nurse to find out how to get a pass.
- Please be considerate of other patients and visitors.
- If the patient you are visiting is in a room with an isolation sign, please check with the nurse before going in. Certain rules are needed for the safety of the patient as well as visitors.
- Visitors may be asked to leave the room if the doctor or nurse needs to see the patient.
- Some patients may be on special diets during their treatment. Please check with the nurse before bringing food or drinks for a patient.
- Convenient waiting areas are available for family and visitors on every floor.
- The Hospital visiting hours will be 7:00 AM to 9:00 PM except for the Psychiatric Unit and Nursery viewing areas. Children under 12 will not be allowed in the Intensive Care Unit, Psychiatric Unit, or any patient rooms that require isolation. Any variations from this procedure must be accompanied by a Physicians order and permission from the Charge Nurse. All visitors are to use the elevators located in the front lobby on the first floor.
Nursery Viewing Area
9:30 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
1:00 p.m. – 2:30 p.m.
6:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.
6:30 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
1:30 p.m. – 2:00 p.m.
6:30 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.