Ochsner LSU Health Shreveport provides financial assistance for:
- Emergency and medically necessary care,
- To patients who are residents of Louisiana, Texas, Arkansas and Mississippi
- And who are unable to pay.
Financial assistance applies to your portion of the bill only, for example, your deductible or co-payment.
Financial assistance is based on your family income and the current Federal Poverty Level.
Financial Assistance is offered as follows:
- If your family income is 250% or less of the Federal Poverty Level, you may receive a 100% discount.
To find out if you qualify for financial assistance, please review the process and application information below or contact one of our Financial Counselors by calling 318-626-1168.
To apply, call us 318-626-1168 or complete an application.
Please mail your completed application and accompanying documentation to:
Ochsner LSU Health System / Financial Counseling Department / 1541 King’s Hwy. Shreveport, LA 71103
Financial Assistance Policy
Financial Assistance Process and Application
Financial Assistance Information (Summary of Policy)
When you provide the name, address and policy number of your insurance company when you register, Ochsner LSU Health Shreveport will file your primary insurance claim for you. We suggest you track the following for services rendered: charges, co-pays, deductible, co-insurance, insurance payments, Explanation of Benefits (EOB) and your Ochsner LSU Health Shreveport statement. By organizing this information, it will be helpful if you need to discuss your statement.
In the weeks following your visit to Ochsner LSU Health Shreveport, the billing process occurs as follows:
- Ochsner LSU Health Shreveport will submit claims to your primary insurance company.
- You should receive an Explanation of Benefits (EOB) from your insurance company four to six weeks after the first claim is filed. The EOB will indicate services billed, amount paid and payee.
- If you do not hear from your insurance company within four to six weeks of your visit, you should follow up with them.
- If payment is mailed to Ochsner LSU Health Shreveport, the payment may be reflected on your next monthly statement. Statements are mailed monthly to you.
- Additional charges and payments to your original statement will appear on your monthly statement as they are posted to your account.
- You should retain your statements to help you track charges, payments, adjustments and your balance.
View the Patient Billing and Collection Process Policy